I’m so glad you’ve visited The Small Town Foodie! My name is Ashley and I’m a 23-year-old recent college graduate from rural Pennsylvania. Throughout my college career, I discovered a passion for both writing and healthy cooking, so what better way to express those interests than in a blog?
I decided I needed to change my lifestyle and become a healthier person during my sophomore year of college. I was extremely strict at first—working out like crazy and eating mostly salads. I came to the realization, though, that being healthy doesn’t have to be this way. I discovered my love for cooking and soon found ways to make healthy meals that are easy and delicious!
I absolutely hate the word “diet.” When I hear that word, I think of restriction, which then leads to binging. With The Small Town Foodie, my goal is to help you create a healthy lifestyle and relationship with food, not just another diet that will fail in a few months. My recipes are meals that anyone can make, whether you live in a big city and have a natural foods store down the street, or you’re like me and live in the middle of the country.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult or boring–follow along and create a healthy life with me!
Some fun facts about me:
- I lived in an adorable apartment in Florence, Italy, for four months and traveled all throughout Europe.
- Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do.
- I have the biggest sweet tooth and constantly struggle to control it.
- I never thought I’d say this, but I LOVE living in the country. I live on a small beef farm in northwestern Pennsylvania with my boyfriend Zack and our dog Flint and I couldn’t be happier.
- If I’m not working my full-time job, cooking, or blogging, you can find me gardening, riding the four-wheeler with Zack, binge watching Parks and Rec, at a farmer’s market or yard sale, attempting a DIY project, or hanging out with my lovely parents.
- Some of my favorite things right now: pickled beets, lavender, IPAs, and french fries.
I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with me on social media!
*Special thanks to Kayla Ellen Todd Photography for the photos!