I’m so glad you’ve visited The Small Town Foodie! My name is Ashley and I’m a 23-year-old recent college graduate from rural Pennsylvania. Throughout my college career, I discovered a passion for both writing and healthy cooking, so what better way to express those interests than in a blog?
I decided I needed to change my lifestyle and become a healthier person during my sophomore year of college. I was extremely strict at first—working out like crazy and eating mostly salads. I came to the realization, though, that being healthy doesn’t have to be this way. I discovered my love for cooking and soon found ways to make healthy meals that are easy and delicious!
I absolutely hate the word “diet.” When I hear that word, I think of restriction, which then leads to binging. With The Small Town Foodie, my goal is to help you create a healthy lifestyle, not just another diet that will fail in a few months. My recipes are meals that anyone can make, whether you live in a big city and have a natural foods store down the street, or you’re like me and live in the middle of the country.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard or bad tasting–follow along and create a healthy life with me!
Some fun facts about me:
- I lived in an adorable apartment in Florence, Italy, for four months and traveled all throughout Europe.
- Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do.
- I have the biggest sweet tooth and constantly struggle to control it.
- I never thought I’d say this, but I LOVE living in the country. I live on a small beef farm in northwestern Pennsylvania with my boyfriend Zack and our dog Flint and I couldn’t be happier.
- If I’m not working my full-time job, cooking, or blogging, you can find me gardening, riding the four-wheeler with Zack, binge watching Parks and Rec, at a farmer’s market or yard sale, attempting a DIY project, or hanging out with my lovely parents.
- Some of my favorite things right now: dark chocolate covered espresso beans, stovetop popcorn with ranch seasoning, hot yoga, and Seinfeld.
I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, shoot me an email at email@example.com, or connect with me on social media!
*Special thanks to Kayla Ellen Todd Photography for the photos!